Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Milestones

I have to say the last couple of days have been pretty significant for a number of reasons. The first one is that I've gone through the 200 mile mark which when I think about - g hiking 200 miles through mountains with 40 pounds on my back - that is pretty remarkable. So, I think I can at the very least consider myself a well-qualified section hiker of the AT. So, that's the first milestone. The second milestone is that I'm now alternating between North Carolina and Tennessee. So, I've covered three states now - the AT basically represents a boarder of much of the stretch of the way here from Tennessee to North Carolina. So, if I misstep to the left, I'm in Tennessee. If I misstep to the right, I'm in North Carolina. The third milestone is that I did make it to Clingaman's Dome, which is the highest point of the AT. I think the fourth milestone I could probably say is that I've got less than 2,000 miles to go.

3 comments:

  1. Get a picture of the Va. State line for me will you. It is the only one I did not get. That one feels really good! You will be close to 500 miles by then. Some of the best hiking on the trail from where you are to there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 200 miles ....way to go! Hmmm...can't think of many milestones I have achieved over the past couple of weeks. I'm jealous. Nomad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bird,
    Will do...seems like a long ways a way right now!

    Bill,
    Now at 271...doing my first true zero in Hot Springs...

    ReplyDelete