Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Appetite

What I'm finding is that my appetite is increasing dramatically, so I'm having to supplement that as I resupply knowing that I just really have to take in a lot more calories. If I have breakfast, it is just oatmeal. Lunch is just snicker bars and trail mix along the way. If I really need to re-energize I'll stop along the way, pick up my pot, and boil up some water and have some Ramen. When I'm off trail and in town resupplying, not only am I resupplying my fuel and food, I'm also resupplying my body and consuming great quantities of food. Today, for instance, in Gaitlanburg I stopped at a barbeque place and had a large rack of ribs with a 32 ounce jug of beer and probably in a little while I'll go out again and get a hamburger. So, it's just what happens when you get off the trail. You just consume a ton of food, kind of build back up because your appetite is just unbelievable. So, anyway, that's just a real short snippet on eating along the AT.

Dictation made on 3/26/2011 7:55 PM EST.

No comments:

Post a Comment