Monday, March 7, 2011

Do Kindles Survive 2,180 Miles of Mountain Hiking?

That's the $189.00 question!  I purchased a Kindle last week based on the rationalization that it weighs 8.4 ounces vs. a book that typically weighs 10 ounces.  That's 1.6 ounces less I have to crate around through the mountains for the next six months...and I get easy access to hundreds, if not thousands, of books.  I crafted a protective sleeve for it out of the cover of one of those cool half-size notebooks we got at the NM Forum last year...works great!  Question is whether it will stand the test of time, rain, raccoons, mice, snakes and bears...stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Forgot to mention - battery life is up to 30 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don, safe travels! Sounds like a life-changing journey. I'd love to join you but wish we connected earlier!

    Scott W.

    ReplyDelete