Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Soaked & Mildewed...But I'm Coming Home (for a few days)!

Sitting here drying out at a wonderful hiker hostel called Bear's Den.  It's owned by the ATC and has been heavily supported by a wonderful man from Wisconsin through the years.  The hostel is in an old stone mansion that was renovated and now maintained for the benefit of thru-hikers.  You get a bunk (clean, with sheets), a hot shower (with towel), laundry, a tombstone pizza, soda and a pint of Ben & Jerry's for $27.50.  Not bad considering what you get!

Anyway, that's not the reason I am writing...my goal has been to reach Harper's Ferry in time to fly back home to drive six hours to pick up Ben from school and it looks like I will be able to do so. 

I AM NOW 5 MILES AWAY FROM THE 1,000 MILE MARK AND 20 MILES AWAY FROM HARPER'S FERRY.

Provided the weather isn't awful (it has been for the past 1-1/2 weeks) I should be able to hike the 20 miles into Harper's Ferry tomorrow and get in late Thursday night.  Will work my way to Dulles and catch a flight out on Friday, hop in the car Saturday morning and be back on Sunday.

Then back on the trail on Wednesday morning...headed to Maine.

Can't wait!

Crank

No comments:

Post a Comment