Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Face Plant Retires My Grinnell XC Cap

Well, maybe it was to beer that I had after the 19 mile slack pack, but I have decided that it's time to fully commit to the bandanna after a face plant and putting another gash in my nose (helped straighten it out a bit though).  This all happened because we had to hike down a hill to pick up our packs in a parking lot after our slack pack and hike back up to the shelter.  Don Raines (our very generous shuttler) met us at the shelter, gave us the keys to his car and said along with our packs there are some beers for us to enjoy.  Apparently, one beer is enough for me because on my way back I stumbled my way up the hill and eventually decided to get it over with and fell face first into the thorny bushes.  Being stuck there for a moment with my face neatly stuffed in the ground, I think I gave Juke Box a bit of a fright when I finally stood up and looked up at him with a bloodied face.  Everything was cool over the next day until I actually decided to wash my face, opening up the wound again creating another bloody mess.  Green Light was even grossed out so Fire Fly insisted that I put a bandaid on my nose.

Coach Freeman: the cap goes into retirement but did a lot of recruiting for you along the way.  Hope to be back with cap on my head during the XC season in the fall - in safer conditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment