Wednesday, May 18, 2011

15 Things I Will Do When I Am Home This Weekend!

1. Hug and kiss Carolyn when she picks me up late Friday night.
2. Let her hose me down in the backyard before she lets me in the house.
3. Take a very hot shower for at least 30 minutes.
4. Fix a vodka gimlet with real lime juice and Grey Goose vodka.
5. Have my second vodka gimlet.
6. Sleep in my own bed if Carolyn lets me.
7. Get up Saturday morning and drive to Grinnell, Iowa.
8. Hug and "high-five" my son, Ben.
9. Have a steak and vodka gimlet at the steak house in Grinnell.
10. Have a big huge breakfast at the greasy spoon diner in Grinnell.
11. Come home and sleep in my own bed again.
12. Go to Alterra on early Monday morning and have coffee and say hello to anyone who stops by.
13. Drive my BMW around town.
14. Stop in and say hello to the SHS Track team.
15. Get together with some good friends and share some stories!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Don - congrats on getting this far and staying in great spirits. 26.2 miles in one day? Outrageous! I may try to find you at Alterra on Monday. Which one? Roughly what time? Enjoy the gimlets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Doug...hope you can stop by at Alterra...my wife things I look like someone that is out of the movie, The Ten Commandments...not sure whether I look "biblical" or "homeless".

    ReplyDelete