Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Nine Lives of Battle Cat!

During our quick visit in Pearisburg I was able to catch up with OTT and Battle Cat at the Mexican restaurant.  Battle Cat was really hobbling due to her knees really having problems.  This has been on top of problems with her feet going back to NOC (from my recollection) - changing boots only to have major bruices on her ankles.

Seems like each of this injuries would knock an average person down and out (me for sure).  But not Battle Cat.  As I headed into the hills I was contemplating whether I would see OTT and Battle Cat again by the looks of her knees and the pain she seemed to be suffering.  So I was quite surprised when she and OTT showed up at one of the shelters a couple days later - AFTER PUTTING IN A 25 MILE DAY!  Knees braces seemed to solve the problem for her and on she goes!

It's one of the amazing things I have observed on the trail - the perseverance of the younger set to move on and work through the injuries. 

Battle Cat has at least 6 more lives...the three injuries that I know she suffered through would have put me down in a heart beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment