Monday, June 20, 2011

Ice Cream Alley is a Wonderful Thing on the Trail

After my successful attempt at the half gallon ice cream challenge I continue to have a craving for ice cream.  I have been able to satisfy this craving quite nicely over the past several days because the trail has come across some great haunts:
- Another ice cream store served up a hot fudge sundae and a milkshake as we came into Delaware Water Gap;
- Village Farmer & Bakery made up two milkshakes for me during my stint at Delaware Water Gap;
- the General Store in Unionville provided me with ice cream before dinner, after dinner and in the morning after breakfast as we hit the trail again (Upstate, Caboose, Fire Fly and I illegally camped out at the town park);
- Heaven Hill Farm whipped up a terrific, and I REALLY mean terrific blueberry shake during our lunch stop;
- Bellvale Farms has a creamy right off the trail that provided us with a milkshake and sundae made with homemade ice cream (I am told it is made fresh every day).  Bellvalle Farms is a 9th generation farm that dates back to the 1700s. 

Ice cream is big in the Northeast and I know it's even bigger in New England.  I have always enjoyed a good ice cream cone and knowing that I need to try to get my weight up (still at about 160-164lbs) I can enjoy the stuff as much as possible! Aren't you jealous?

No comments:

Post a Comment