Friday, June 3, 2011

Half-Gallon Ice Cream Challenge a No Brainer for Crank Daddy

Okay, I know this blog is suppose to be about the beauty of the trail but there is a tradition of the trail at the halfway point for hikers to take on a half gallon of ice cream within an hour. Sitting down with the Colonel, Burley, Malarchy, Juke Box and Shepherd I foolishly felt compelled to join them in this folley. Selecting Mint Choc. Chip I dove in with my camp spoon and 44 minutes later and a very delicate stomach I matched the younguns' in mutual stupidity, earning my wooden spoon. Juke Box looked like he was ready to recycle what he had taken in at about the halfway point, green drool soaking his beard but he powered on to take the prize. Malarchy turned three shades of white but still finished while the Colonel nearly lost it all over everyone while drinking the remaining foam from the box.

Life can be tough on the trail...

No comments:

Post a Comment