Monday, June 13, 2011

A Funny Kind of Trail Magic: The Scent of a Day Hiker

This is something I have kept to myself because I thought it was kind of wierd...until four young women came up to our shelter the other night. They were recent grads doing an overnight and were concerned about getting too close to us because of the way THEY smelled. I think it was Crazy Goose that said, "we love day hikers because of the way they smell when they walk past us."

I realized I wasn't the only one that picked up on this and we all talked about the wonderful experience of walking past day hikers just to get a little whiff of soap - or maybe even perfume!

One can only imagine what they must do when we walk by them. One little girl held her nose when we were near her...kids can be brutally honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment