Thursday, July 7, 2011

Quick Update: In Manchester Center - Mile 1,643!

Today is July 6th and I am now 75% of the way through my journey, having traveled 1,643 miles with 537 miles to go.  I am stopping in at Manchester Center for a resupply and a well-needed nero.  Thanks to a terrific tip from Nero, I am staying at the Green Mountain House, a wonderful hiker hostel especially built for thru-hikers by Jeff & Regina Taussig.  It's a wonderful home for hikers seek peace, quiet, laundry and a soft bed.  It's particularly comforting given the incredible thunderstorm of last night, coupled with all of the raging mosquitos.

The picture is of me getting ready to serve up a 12 egg frittata I made up for Firefly, Rocket Rick and myself...thanks to the great kitchen at the hostel.

Will get back at it tomorrow as I journey toward Hanover, NH to meet my son, Ben, who will be joining me on my journey through the Whites.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment