Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Did I Tell You About the Hiker Doing it With Five Fingers?

Can't remember whether I mentioned this, but a couple of weeks ago I started noticed prints in the mud on the trail that made it look like someone was doing the trail barefoot. It was driving me crazy! Finally, in Erwin, I was standing under the awning of a store waiting for a shuttle and staying out of the rain (re: 18 hikers in a van) when I looked down and saw that a girl was wearing a pair of five fingers. I said, "are you the one?" and she said yes, she was.

That's when I met Sprocket (23yr old man) and Inch Worm (25yr old lady). Have bumped into the two of them over the past couple of days and she is still at it and they plan to do a yo-yo (up and back). They will not be able to complete the yo-yo even though they started in January b/c the weather was so bad when they started in January they had to hop off the trail for a while.

Both are incredibly knowledgeable about the outdoors, hiking, etc. so it's been most interesting talking to them...but I can't imagine doing this painfully hard trail essentially barefoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment