Tuesday, April 19, 2011

540 Miles...and Counting!

As noted in previous posts, I am now hanging out in Aitkins, VA getting ready for a quick trip to Detroit.

Big milestone because I am now 540 miles into my journey - that's one-fourth of the way to Maine! Personally (and I can only speak for myself), I sit back and think about this. 500 miles is a long way to walk; especially up and down mountains with 35-40lbs on your back.

I have a long way to go before I complete this journey, but I notice that people look at me and peg me as a "thru-hiker". I feel pretty darn proud about that. Of course, it just might be more related to the way I look than it is my capability.

On the age front, I know of one guy that is 65 that is older than I am. Most are in their 20s...so feel pretty good about that as well.

Long, long way to go...but so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment