Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weather Testing Boots and Shell in WI Snow Storm

The good news is that I am having plenty of opportunity to test out my new boots and Arc'teryx shell prior to my adventure. We got dumped on last night...to the tune of about 5" of snow and we have a major cold front coming in tonight. Hung out in the snow last night and both boots and shell worked great. Not a great test, but a good indication.

Tent is scheduled to arrive on January 21st - eager to see if it's all of what it's cracked up to be.

Ran with Ben and Dom in the snow yesterday and Dom told me about a solar powered recharger for iPhones, etc. that is pretty functional...will look into that to make it easier to communicate on the trail. Also found out yesterday that my water filtering process through the years has not been sufficient. Never been affected by it (like getting sick) but probably will have to be a bit more careful for the length of trip. I have an iron stomach but probably should be a bit more cautious. In process of doing some research.

All for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment