Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Too Much Information!

Gearing up my research regarding the trail and gear and am quickly concluding that I should have begun the process earlier! It's information overload and some ways, as a result, quite confusing. Big debates on stoves, ultralite packs, Gore Tex vs E-vent, etc. All very interesting but makes it a bit more challenging to be comfortable in making the right decisions. I love the gear that I have and it's suited me very well through the years but this is a much different "walk in the woods".

One blog even created a lot of comments regarding whether one should "carry" or not! I had know idea that backpackers carried guns on the trail. I suspect it's a very small minority, but was surprised at how many responded that they did, for reasons ranging from bears to people.

I did get a few recipes that seem to make sense for a breakfast meal. Will likely package up some of these pre-made granola meals for a solid breakfast in the morning - hot or cold.

All for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment