Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tarp Tent Testing Continues

Relatively roomy even as weight of ice sags roof...

What the tent looked like after the 5-6" of snow (I did not spend the night this night)

After knocking the snow off the tent...
Decided to spend the night in my tent during the freezing rain and snow the other night. Since I was able to knock the stuff off throughout the night, it worked out quite well. Tent stayed nice and dry inside and plenty of room to move around. One thing that bothered me though was my sleeping bag. It didn't get real cold at night - probably down to about 27 degrees; I was fine but not satisfied because I got a tad cold at about 4:00 am. I decided that it was time to purchase a new sleeping bag good to 15 degrees. My bag is supposed to be good to 20 but because of its age, it probably is only suitable to about 35. So I ordered a new Marmot Helium.

So back to the tent...kept it up last night and it adequately suffered through another 5-6" of snow. Pictures below. I am spending a lot of time around the tent because it's single wall and I haven't used one like this before in cold, rainy, snowy weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment