Monday, February 7, 2011

AT Planning Activities

On the gear front, set up my new Tarptent Squall 2 on my porch to seal the seams. Setup was harder than I thought but I think I will get the swing of it. It's a great design and I believe it will work great but am surprised as to how large it is. I think this will be okay because it will be nice to have my pack inside the tent. Have a feeling though that I will quickly give in to staying in the shelters.

Bought some instance oatmeal, granola, instant mashed potatoes, pop tarts, etc. to try out. Need to get my food figured out this week for sure.

Washed my REI Helo down bag...took forever to dry, but seems to have helped if fluff up - should be warmer.

Received my Thermarest NeoAir pad - 14oz - seems like it will be a great pad if it lasts. Also, went to REI again to pick up some YakTraks (do I really need them) and a few other items.

Purchased my one way ticket to Atlanta for $114.00 scheduled for March 10th - so there is no going back! Finalized my reservation at the Hiker Hostel. So will be hitting the trail on March 11th. My goal is to get at least 600 miles in before I bailout to go watch Ben's track conference meet on May 14th.

All for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment