Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Got My New Backpack in the Mail Yesterday!

Came home from running some errands to find two big boxes at my back door...one was my old pack - a Palisade that was eaten by a porcupine that Gregory wanted to charge me $275.00 to repair - and the other box was the new Baltoro 75 they sold me for wholesale. A good compromise - I get a smaller and lighter bag out of it. Not as small and light as Ben's Osprey, but I feel like having more support in the shoulder straps and hip belt will serve me well. For the AT, it's a heavy pack at 5 lbs 14oz - by about 2-1/2 lbs - so I will have to make up for it elsewhere.

Anyway, I really like the pack and I can now put everything together to see how it feels and weighs. Was going to do an overnight in Kettle Morraine but its 3 degrees right now - way too cold for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment